Cooperate Now! The co-op business bootcamp.
For the second year in a row, BCCA has partnered with Vancity and more than a dozen BC co-ops and credit unions including Mountain Equipment Co-op, Central 1 Credit Union, Prospera Credit Union, DevCo, Stocksy United, BC Libraries Co-op, The Co-operators, Terminal City Glass Co-op, Sustainability Solutions Group Co-op, Modo, The Woodshop Workers Co-op, Mt. Lehman Credit Union, CCEC Credit Union, and other co-ops and credit unions in BC to launch an interactive business skills bootcamp for entrepreneurs or community members who are interested in building a co-op enterprise.
Cooperate Now 2016 ran from May 27-29 and featured 18 participants. “I was amazed at the amount of energy and passion for learning about co-ops the participants brought”, said Patrice Pratt, BCCA Chair. “On behalf of the BCCA board, I want to thank the more than 17 co-op and credit union system leaders who led an incredible series of workshops.” In its first year the Cooperate Now bootcamp led to the incorporation of three co-ops from its 19 participants
The three-day bootcamp is built around a co-ordinated series of networking events and interactive sessions, which this year included In-depth explanations and examinations of the co-op business model, business plans, legal requirements and financing options.
We're excited to bring all kinds of resources to Cooperate Now, including:
- A connection to co-op leaders from BC
- Introduction to co-op enterprise
- Overview of building a co-op business model
- Financing a co-op enterprise
- Advantages and challenges of different co-op models
- Connection to legal and accounting experts who are passionate about co-ops
- Marketing the co-op advantage
- Sessions with co-op entrepreneurs who can share their successes and failures
- Connection to potential mentors
- Networking with the BC Co-op Association network
- An interactive business plan preparation sessoin
For more information about next year's Cooperate Now, please email email@example.com